Thursday 24 October 2013

Dinner, Cayenne, Bukoto, Kampala



About a week before this meal I bumped in to a random muzungu in the old office, who was there for a cluster meeting. I ended up getting roped in to the meeting for no apparent reason, but afterwards we agreed to meet up sometime. That’s how I ended up in Cayenne with a bunch of other muzungu and local randoms.



Cayenne is a fairly upmarket, bar, restaurant, spa and nightclub. Thankfully for me it’s pretty nearby to where I live at the top of one of the hills, so is only a 10 to 15 minute steep uphill slog to get there past Kabira Country Club. Numerous hostel-ites from the early days used to come quite a lot when it was in its nightclub phase. Tonight however was live music night.

It quickly became clear that I had arrived first and unfortunately the only tables available at the time were right by the stage, so beer in hand there I waited. Thankfully it wasn’t too much of a wait for my new acquaintances to show up. Sadly they had already eaten earlier, so I got to look like a greedy bastard being the only one to order.

The menu is pretty big at Cayenne’s with a good mixture of choices, but this evening I had a craving for pizza. I was pleased to see my old Zizzi and Ask favourite of pepperoni and chillies, in this case named the same as Zizzi’s Diavolo. It came fairly quickly but not too quickly. It had a nice thin base, plenty of tomato sauce and healthy servings of both toppings. I wolfed down the first slice and asked if any of the others wanted to try some. Unfortunately for one Spanish chap who gave it a go, the heat was a bit too much. Sorry.

3 out of 5, best pizza so far in Kampala, would go back. The music was pretty entertaining as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment