Thursday 3 October 2013

Lunch, Cafe Java, Oasis Mall, Kampala



I think this one is out of order as I’m pretty sure I had this lunch when I went to Oasis mall to get my ticket from Nairobi back to Kampala at the Easy Coach offices. Either way at some point I decided to try out the popular Café Javas at one corner of the mall.

Décor was similar to the one in the petrol station in Namirembe, but much bigger, the menu understandably identical. After having a reasonable burger last time I went for another burger option on the menu a double BBQ burger accompanied by chips and washed down with a coke.

It came fairly quickly and I was initially disappointed to find that BBQ burger had a distinct lack of salad on. To make up for this the two reasonably sized patties were absolutely smothered in BBQ sauce. There was so much sauce dripping off the burger that I could dip most of my Cajun seasoned chips in it to make them a bit more interesting.

As before the patties were medium and had too much pepper in it, thankfully the BBQ sauce managed to mask it to some extent. Sadly the BBQ sauce itself was a bit underwhelming, it was more of a sweet BBQ sauce with no heat to it at all. I prefer big bold smoky BBQ sauces with a good kick to them ideally using a healthy amount of chipotle chillis (my favourite).

Still it was a reasonable lunchtime meal at a fair price. 2.5 out of 5


No comments:

Post a Comment