Friday 3 May 2013

Burger Week Part 5 - Sports Bar and Grill Farringdon, Cowcross Street, Farringdon, London, Sat 9th Mar

At the start of Burger Week I wasn't intending that there would be a Burger Week at all. Come Saturday morning, a week after intending to go to Tommi's for lunch, I was pondering what to do with my weekend. Literally, whilst I was contemplating this First World Problem, I got a text from a friend asking if I'd like to join her and another friend at a regular haunt in Farringdon to watch some rugby.

Regular readers will be well aware that I don't give a shit about most sporting events and being invited to meet up at 2pm for the Scotland v Ireland Six Nations match wouldn't be my first choice of things to do. All said, it'd be good to meet up for a chat, the sport on offer, less so.

It quickly became clear that the friend that had instigated this minor social event had gravely mistaken the previous communication from our mutual friend who stood us up. Nevertheless we decided to make the most of it by having lunch watching the uninteresting to both of us, Scotland v Ireland game. Despite this, the three of us managed to watch most of England's underwhelming display against Italy in the next day's match. I had a thoroughly enjoyable, but average roast beef Sunday lunch that day.

During the Saturday's dull match I went for one of the award winning (I've no idea which award) burgers. I ordered a double bacon and cheese burger, swapping the cheddar for stilton, and adding jalapenos. The bun was of the ciabatta style and unfortunately was too crisp in its exterior and too airy on the inside to absorb any of the necessary juices. The patty was overcooked to medium / well done and too greasy. The jalapenos were non-existent, quite literally.

Overall a 2.5 out of 5. It was a damn site better than the burger I had at one of the pubs near the Victoria office a little while back. Would return, but would probably go for another menu choice rather than one of the award winning burgers, probably one of the ‘Brewdog’ gourmet hotdogs.

 Burger Week not to be continued.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete